<body>









profileaffiliatestagboardjournal
THE MEMBERS

http://this-is-my-lit-blog.blogspot.com

  • Khairi
  • Wei Jie
  • Jason
  • Ricky



  • / JUST BREATHE EASILY


    ♠/ FLABBERGAST
    designer: darkdegree
    partofthecodes: detonatedlove
    brushes:jc.net
    images: moargh
    textues: peachinparis
    icons: threemoresteps

    Thursday, February 21, 2008
    / 11:14 PM

    (a) It was Chinese New Year! Every neighbours around our house were decorating their house.Mostly the decoration is in red. Neighbours around us looked happy and wherever they go they put on smiles.
    For me, I was a bit sad as I am a foreigner. All of my relatives were at Taiwan, only my mom, sister and I. Although we did put on some decorations but the spirit is just not there. I missed my hometown and my relatives. In the past, we used to gather together during Chinese New Year eve and each relatives family would bring one or two dishes and we would eat together.After we had our dinner, the adult would gamble and we kids would play fireworks.
    When i started to study in Singapore, all these celebration has dropped out of my life. There was no red packet and even Chinese New Year eve there is nothing much to play or do, but one traditional way of celebration is to reach home early and have dinner together with my family. On that day, mother cooked a very delicious dinner compare to the past. I guessed mother knew that we don't really have fun compare to the past and the only thing she could do is to cook a delicious meal for us.
    After we have our dinner we called dad through internet and we greeted him happy chinese new year and we chatted for a while than we hanged the phone. We wend to sleep right after we had hanged the phone.During that night,I dreamt that I flew back to Taiwan and I met my relatives and we had real fun together. I miss my country and my relatives.

    (b)The difference : 1) I will go to a shopping mall or busy street and count down while Jess and his family did not count down. 2)During Christmas,Jess still has to milk the cow but i am playing. 3)Jess don't have goodies but i have goodies during Christmas. 4)Jess gave his little sister May Belle Christmas present but I didn't give my older sister Christmas present. 5)I put on Christmas decoration but he didn't. 6)I have a Christmas tree but he didn't have.

    The similarity : 1) We will still exchange presents with friends and relative. 2)We both enjoyed Christmas. 3)We also celebrated Christams together with our own family.4) He didn't go to church for prayers neither did I.5) My family and his Family did last minute shopping.

    Ricky (40)
    2E7