<body>









profileaffiliatestagboardjournal
THE MEMBERS

http://this-is-my-lit-blog.blogspot.com

  • Khairi
  • Wei Jie
  • Jason
  • Ricky



  • / JUST BREATHE EASILY


    ♠/ FLABBERGAST
    designer: darkdegree
    partofthecodes: detonatedlove
    brushes:jc.net
    images: moargh
    textues: peachinparis
    icons: threemoresteps

    Wednesday, February 20, 2008
    / 11:11 PM


    My Family


    My cousin and I



    a) Hari Raya

    The season where it pays off the one month of fasting.
    It is my favourite season.
    Usually, people would relate Hari Raya with alot of new stuff like clothes, house decoration and more.
    Some people, mostly kids, relate Hari Raya with the green packets that they are going to get.
    My family usually buy cloths for our Baju Kurung during March at Malaysia, which is way before Hari Raya.
    The reason why is because my aunty lives at Malaysia and she is good at tailoring clothes. My mum buys the cloths early because she always believed that the earlier, the better.

    Around two nights before the actual day, my dad would bring home a few bunches of coconut leaves to be weaved into ketupat. Usually, my sis and I would help him out while my mum cooks other dishes. We would change the curtains, the cushion covers and sometimes even paint the house next. After all is done, my sis and I will arrange the snacks in the containers.

    During Hari Raya, my dad and I would go to the mosque to pray first which will usually end at about 9 a.m. After that, we would have some ketupat first before seeking for forgiveness. After all of that is done, my family always took some family photos together. We usually spend around half an hour to an hour.

    After that, my family and I will always go to my grandmothers' house first. We would seek forgiveness with everyone before eating. The first day of Hari Raya will end at around 10-11pm.

    We usually wear our baju kurung on the first day. The other days of Hari Raya we would wear normal casual clothes. I really love this festive season because I'll get to meet my relatives and we really had fun during this season. I feel very happy chatting with them as it tightens the family bond.

    b)
    There is quite alot of things that are different between me and Jess during our festive season.
    Jess spends more time with Leslie than to his family.
    To me, I'd prefer going out with my family as it will be more lively and our family bond will be better.
    Christmas is the season where everyone usually receive and give gifts while Hari Raya, it is usually the unmarried getting the gifts, which is always, money.
    I always visit my relatives on that day while Jess did not really visited alot of people.
    The similarity between me and Jess is that we really enjoyed and looked forward that day.

    Khairi Yahya (30)
    2E7