<body>









profileaffiliatestagboardjournal
THE MEMBERS

http://this-is-my-lit-blog.blogspot.com

  • Khairi
  • Wei Jie
  • Jason
  • Ricky



  • / JUST BREATHE EASILY


    ♠/ FLABBERGAST
    designer: darkdegree
    partofthecodes: detonatedlove
    brushes:jc.net
    images: moargh
    textues: peachinparis
    icons: threemoresteps

    Thursday, March 20, 2008
    Literature reflections / 7:41 PM

    1) Why did Leslie die offstage in the movie?
    The producer felt that he do not need to show everything out for the viewers and just allowing them to know by the characters in the show saying about the incident.

    2) Who/What does the Dark Lord represent?
    i) Leslie
    Leslie’s Dark Lord represents her fear of having no friends in her new school and gets bullied by them. Her father knew that Leslie does not have many friend in her old school and they decided to move to the farm and start a new life here hoping to start a new beginning.

    ii) Jesse
    Jesse’s Dark Lord represents people around him dying. He tries protecting the people around him as he was afraid he would lose them. When May Belle wanted to follow him to Terabithia, he was afraid something may happen to her. In the last few chapters, when Leslie died, he was a totally different person. From his reaction we can know he is trying to deceive himself that Leslie’s death was not true and when he woke up the next morning after Leslie’s death, he totally forgets about it as he thought that was not real.

    iii) Yourself
    My Dark Lord represents me being alone. I am afraid being alone as it would be very quiet and no one there to talk to me. When I am alone, I will start thinking illogical things. That is the reason why I try to make as many friends as possible in school so that I would not be lonely.

    3) Do you prefer the movie or the book?Explain.
    I prefer the movie as there are sound effects and facial expressions to help understand the feeling of the characters better. Having to see the characters makes me feel easier to know how bullies in shows looks instead of me guessing how they look.
    By Jason Loo 2e7 (32)